The population density in 2010 was 148.8 per square mile.
There were 2,163 housing units at an average density of 66.8 per square mile.
The racial makeup of the township was 97.4% White, 0.1% , 0.4% Native American, 0.5% Asian, 0.0% Pacific Islander, 0.5% from other races, and 1.00% from two or more races. Latino of any race were 2.00% of the population.
Of the 2,027 households, 24.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.8% were living together, 9.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 32.7% were non-families.
27.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 14.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
The average household size was 2.37 and the average family size was 2.85. In the township the population spread is 20.8% under the age of 18 and 20.7% who were 65 years of age or older.
The median age was up to 46.4 years old from 40 years in 2000 with females making up 51.3% of the township and males with 48.7%.
Additional Links and Resources
- Shiawassee County
- Shiawassee County Commissioner Meeting Minutes
- Shiawassee Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Shiawassee Economic Development Partnership
- Shiawassee County Convention and Visitor's Bureau
- Shiawassee County Road Commission
- Michigan Townships Association
- State of Michigan
- Shiawassee District Library
- Friends of the Shiawassee River
- Shiawassee Conservation District
Other Shiawassee County Township Websites